Thursday, June 14, 2007

Starting meditation

Today, finally I went to my first formal information meeting about meditation.It's been more than a year since I have decided to join them and finally I did it!!Hopefully I'll be able to be calm in this hyperactive society as she(my instructor) puts it, and get rid of unwanted and uninvited thoughts. I'll be able to master my mind and she says that at the end you will be more human!! A nice human with a big mind power?! I'm not sure exactly how it works , but I let you know as I go on with it.
It's interesting how here in America everyone has to work a lot of hours and get frustrated with time limits and then find ways to calm down , have a balanced life and work more effectively! This won't be very essential in Iran(Where I'm originally from) since the society is not hyper active and so the people won't normally have a hyperactive mind...
Here are 2 main links my instructor has given me to checkout, so check it out if you're curious and wanna know more:

www.srcm.org
www.sahajmarg.org

No comments: