Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Traveler to U.S

One of my best friends is coming to U.S in a few weeks with a student visa.I don't know if I have this from my feminist side, but every time I see a girl coming from Iran I admire her action a lot more than when I see a guy doing this!! This time the society has nothing to do with it; families are the ones I'm blaming: It is hard for some girls to convince their parents that they like to study abroad and this is while families let go of their sons a lot easier...I myself had some problems; my family didn't like the idea that I leave the country SINGLE! I did it eventually but took me a few years to succeed! This girl too, has had a lot difficulties getting here and I admire her efforts and I hope there'll be a day that the small societies, the families respect their sons and daughters choices and decisions as a grown adult.

3 comments:

Mohsen said...

Nice! I am glad too! That is really impressive. Those gilrs who convience their parents in Iran to come here alone must be really really especial. I wish her continious success.

Zara said...

I gree, They impress me a lot. We can conqure the world. Future is ours:)

Zara said...

Update us with memories from your trip;)