Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Goal

There was once a time that I was thinking of my goals... at that time I was still in highschool and very eager to LEARN everything. Then the time came that I had to go to a university a little far from home... That's the time I started growing up;I started applying my learned life values into action, by values I mean caring & loving people, sacrificing and of course sprituality and love of God. That was the time that I sat down and thought about life deeply, thousands of questions, thousands of why's... I'd wish so much that God could speak to me. He did, but through signs and in different words from different people's mouths and from different readings. that was the time of my "spritual revolution" and the result was setting a new goal in life: To become as close as possible to "PERFECT HUMAN" and I realized if I achieve that, that'll be the time that I'd die happy. Then the big question arises: Defining the perfacet human. I tried to search for roll models in family, friends, and society and had some success, but it wasn't enough. I read some of Dr. Shari'ati's books and those have helped a great deal, but I still haven't got all my answers.
I thought taking philosophy courses will help me "see" better, but it was not what I needed. At this moment I'm reading a book on Buddhism which is very close to what I need, but you my dear "reader" I could defenitely use your suggestions and opinions. Who would you define as a perfect human.

5 comments:

Zara said...

Oh, My God, A very difficult quetion!! But before that let me ask why the gaol of life is to be a perfect human? By the way is there a perfect human? Is it possible to be perfect? I guess perfectness have some contradictions with definition of human.

Ava said...

yes,human is not perfect but it can try to get close to a perfect image. As God created a close to image of himself once (Jesus), humen can try to behave and get close to God's image I believe...

babak6 said...

well, perfect human is what many people have been looking for for thousands of years.Budhisms believe that Budha was the one. Some Muslims believe perfect human was prophet Mohammed,some others believe it was Imam Ali.Christians believe it was Jesus.Different religions have been trying to make people near to this image.Some people believe that becoming a better human is more important than the religion one has been born with or the religion he follows .BaBaTAher has a poem relaed to this
"Be kAfar mazhabi del vite dirom , Ke dar har mazhabi jAee nadAre."

Ava said...

You're righth Babak. But I'm thinking of being more spritual than religous,working on matters of the heart and soul. (deloo'r sAf bokon) Also I'm thinking of being "delshad" and content so that I'll always be happy & remain happy...

Anonymous said...

Well written article.