Saturday, March 31, 2007

Happy Prohet Muhammad's Birthday!

This morning I heard in the news that today is Prophet Muhammad (Peace be uopn him) birthday. This reminded me of good old times when I was a better moslim! Now I'm not even sure if I can call myself a muslim...
A couple year ago, I got into an argument with one of my coworkers who was an African-American moslim. She said most of moslim countries don't beleive Iranians are moslims! since the people don't practice religion as much as other moslims do. I opposed this idea right away. Now I'm thinking if they have concluded that from what they've seen from Iranians who are in America, they're probably right! When there is a moslim holiday, most Iranin-Americans do not even know about it or even if they know they don't care about it. But American, African, and Pakistani Moslims celebrate it. Most of them even take the day off Fridays to attend the JamA'at prayers. I was so surprised of this when I came and I was wondering: what kinds of moslims are we? Can we still call ourselves moslims or is it better to say that we just beleive in God and no riligion in particular.
At the end I say my today's prayer the one I like a lot:
Ehdena'serAt'al mostaghim (==[God] Keep us in straight line...) This is my feavorite line from Quran and I hope I translated it right!

3 comments:

Zara said...

Na, dastanhai man madar!!!!

فاریا پیربازاری said...

I would have translated as "O' Almighty, guide us through the righteous road..."

Zara said...

Tarikheshoo nega koni, male ghable partie:)